About Me

Pearl City, HI, United States
Husband, father, grandfather, friend...a few of the roles acquired in 68 years of living. I keep an upbeat attitude, loving humor and the singular freedom of a perfect laugh. I don't let curmudgeons ruin my day; that only gives them power over me. Having experienced death once, I no longer fear it, although I am still frightened by the process of dying. I love to write because it allows me the freedom to vent those complex feelings that bounce restlessly off the walls of my mind; and express the beauty that can only be found within the human heart.

Sunday, January 17, 2021

A Round of Haiku



Copyright © 2021
by Ralph F. Couey

A second try at Haiku...

The moon rises full 
Over the sea, calm and smooth 
The wind, warm and soft. 

The sound of grandkids 
Laughing, shouting with joy 
Is missed by my heart. 

The sound of the waves 
Gliding across the white sands 
Brings peace to my soul. 

The days pass so quickly 
The gift of time, here and gone 
Age steals the future. 

I stare in the dark 
What did I do with today? 
Did I make a friend? 

I sit down to write 
Will inspiration help me 
Fill empty pages. 

Remember the past 
The memories sweetly flow 
From a simpler time. 

Driving late at night 
I see another driver 
Wherefore are ye bound? 

Stars fill the night sky 
They shine across the light years 
I look at the past.

Sitting on the couch 
Her head rests on my shoulder 
This love has blessed me.

No comments: